Strategic Partners Council
The mission of the Calvin University Department of Computer Science’s Strategic Partners Council is threefold:
- Under-Represented Groups. Help Calvin’s CS department improve the representation of under-represented groups — especially women — in departmental programs.
- Pre-Professional Preparation. Help Calvin CS juniors and seniors prepare for life after Calvin through mock interviews, internships, field trips, and other experiences.
- Program Review. Help Calvin’s CS department by regularly reviewing the educational objectives of the department’s academic programs.
The council meets quarterly to pursue this mission, and has launched The 50 Percent Initiative, a program to address the shortage of technical talent and increase gender diversity in the technology sector, starting with Calvin's CS department. The council consists of individuals selected from the various professional constituencies that the department serves.
- Michael Bloem, Mosaic Data Science
- John Hauck, LECO
- Jesse Hill, Atomic Object
- Diane Kurant, Gordon Food Service
- Mark Lardieri, CQL
- Traci Marcero, Atlas Coast
- Ashley Peters, BlueJay Solutions
- Ryan Temple, KPMG
- Mark VanHolstyn, Mutually Human
- Jim VanderMey, Open Systems Technologies
- Sharon Vriend-Robinette, Spectrum Health
We thank you for your service!
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.