The mission of the Calvin College CS Department’s Strategic Partners Council is threefold:
- Under-Represented Groups. Help Calvin’s CS department improve the representation of under-represented groups — especially women — in departmental programs.
- Pre-Professional Preparation. Help Calvin CS juniors and seniors prepare for life after Calvin through mock interviews, internships, field trips, and other experiences.
- Program Review. Help Calvin’s CS department by regularly reviewing the educational objectives of the department’s academic programs.
The council meets quarterly to pursue this mission, and has recently launched The 50 Percent Initiative, a program to address the shortage of technical talent and increase gender diversity in the technology sector, starting with Calvin's CS department. The council consists of individuals selected from the various professional constituencies that the department serves.
The current members of the council are the following individuals:
- Kimberly Grimm, Spectrum Healthcare Resources
- Jesse Hill, Atomic Object
- John Hauck, LECO
- Diane Kurant, Gordon Food Service
- Mark Lardieri, CQL
- Traci Marcero, Atlas Coast
- Mark Van Holstyn, Mutually Human
- Jim VanderMey, Open Systems Technologies
We thank you for your service!